Neither the White House nor Barbra Streisand were much inclined to release a proper photo of the beloved entertainer kissing beloved soon-to-be-former president Bush at the Kennedy Center Honors yesterday, so America will have to make due with these scattered pictures of the smiles they left behind. [Update: You can no cllick to watch the video!] The singer's name itself has long been shorthand for everything wrong and out-of-touch about Hollywood Liberals, while Bush is, as we all know, like Hitler but worse. How much worse? Oh, it's all too painful to remember. Good thing we can just look up some of her best anti-Bush statements on the Google and present them to you, below.
- Way back in early 2001, Barbra asked of our great new President, "how could such a destructive man be so popular with the American people?" It's funny because her knee-jerk liberal nonsense was prescient! "Not only is he poisoning our air and water, she added, "he's poisoning our political system as well."
- In 2002, she called President Bush, Vice President Cheney and John Ashcroft "crazy.'" She called the White House "too far to the right house." Clever.
- "She tells Oprah Winfrey in the latest edition of O magazine, 'I'm sure President Bush is a very nice guy, but some people voted for him because they thought he was a person they could have a beer with. What is that about?! Do you want to have a beer with the doctor who's going to operate on you, or do you want him to be the top of his class ... be a bit in awe of him?'"
- In 2004, Babs wrote a blog about how Thomas Jefferson called Bush's administration "a reign of witches."
- Hey, you can read a bunch of Barbra's blogs right at her official site.
Here's Babs performing in 2006 in Philadelphia. There is a funny skit, about how Bush is a moron. Comedy! (This skit was directed by Sidney Pollack.) (No, it wasn't.)
Man, can you believe she kissed that guy? Now James Brolin is going to kick the president's ass.