The last week of 2008 was a week of mystery and intrigue!
- We had the sixth type of New Year's Eve party, the one where you dance on a burning pile of money inside the $37 million bailout penthouse, with debutantes. Didn't you?
- Oh, and Caroline Kennedy was there and we had such a lovely time!
- Say hello, world, to Tripp Easton Michell Johnston (Palin), named after Linda Tripp, Bret Easton Ellis, and Joe Don Baker in Mitchell. The parents aren't married yet, though they are hypothetically still in High School.
- This week was full of mysteries! Like: what happened to Adam Buckman? Who the hell is Erin from The City? Why is Anderson Cooper doing this to us?
- Oh, a year ended... we think? So there were lists and retrospectives and whatever the hell this is.
- We're pleased to announce the hiring of our new Weekend Editor, Herman Rosenblat.
- Also our new roving racial issues correspondent, Rod Blagojevich.
- Maybe in 2009 Marissa Mayer should go part-time at Google?
- John Travolta's 16-year-old son Jett died in bizarre circumstances in the Bahamas.