The National Enquirer and Star could theoretically be out of business within weeks, what with publisher American Media facing a creditor takeover or even bankruptcy.
American Media is sweating yet another creditor-imposed deadline, Keith Kelly reports in the Post. CEO David Pecker has until Friday to come up with a deal with bondholders after his company default on $436 million in debt.
"It's only a matter of time before the bondholders take over," one source told Kelly.
Kelly reported Country Weekly Publisher Marie Wolpert Men's Fitness' ad director Jeff Kimmel are out.
We heard the following additional people were laid off from AMI titles:
- Star Senior Reporter Cristina Everett
- Star Photo Editor Jessica Athanasiou
- Star Copywriter Catherine Adcock
- David Yama in the Star art department
- Russ Smith in the photo department at Men's Fitness
- Gina Pinna in the photo department at Men's Fitness
- Vivian Torres in production at Men's Fitness
- The online editor at Shape