Last month we predicted ten companies and industries that would actually come out as recession winners (crazy, right?). It's time to check on how our predictions are doing! (Hint: f'in awesome):
Just a few of our winners:
- Netflix: Profit was up 45% in the fourth quarter.
- McDonald's: Opening 650 new restaurants.
- Spam: Parent company Hormel is "Enjoying Growth in a Slowing Economy!"
- Wal-Mart: Hey they're not doing too bad at all!
- Campbell Soup: They're a blue chip stock!
Anecdotal evidence also indicates that Crystal meth dealers and Online porn are doing just as well as expected. [Previously]