Oh lord oh lord, the trend pieces about Facebook's '25 random things' lists are spreading even faster than the freaking lists themselves. They are the kudzu of the media world! Yesterday was only the beginning:
Make it stop:
- Washington Post: "We Never Do Random Things. Until We Do."
- USA Today: "Facebook friends share '25 Things' with the world"
- Dallas Morning News: "Millions expose themselves online with '25 random things'"
- Examiner: "25 Things—The modern day chain letter"
- Columbus Dispatch: "Facebook fad gets personal"
You think we couldn't go on up to 25? We totally could. But that would be old news. The meta-stories (hello!) have already started:
Soon we will all be dead.