Upon reflection, this week was sorta dark, right? Well besides the Joaquin Phoenix thing.
- Captain Chesley "Sully" Sullenberg, III remains the only true and decent and heroic person in the United States. Well, him and M.I.A..
- Happy Valentine's Day from Dan Abrams and that woman who won't ever open her damn eyes. Looks like Dan's off the list! Or not! Who knows! It's his business!
- Man, some internet dude totally predicted the market would crash on Monday. Sucker—the market waited for Geithner to talk before it crashed!
- Bad news: the party is over. All the parties. More bad news: the "HuffPo" is a legitimate thing now.
- Breaking: Bill O'Reilly doesn't suffer from cognitive dissonance, self-awareness.
- Ugh, Tatiana is the worst thing on television. Ugh. She's clearly got a personality disorder, parading her around on television is immoral. Joaquin Phoenix, on the other hand, is a garden-variety asshole. Albeit one who is a very talented actor with a lifestory that'd make turning out "normal" basically an impossibility. Doesn't excuse being an asshole, obv. Just throwing it out there. Jeez guys, Alec Baldwin's a huge asshole too and everyone forgives him. Is being and incoherent dick on Letterman as some sort of half-baked completely played-out "meta-joke" really a worse crime than this trying-too-hard sad display? Well yeah, pretty much. Strange times. Oh, Ashley Alexandra Dupre or whatever the hell her real and pretend and hooker names were is around, still.
- Hey, let's all run strip clubs, instead of blogs. Or let's all smoke drugs with Michael Phelps and go to jail, either one.
- On the one hand, we're glad a douchebag didn't win his defamation suit. On the other, we're sad that a blogger who barely wrote a shitty quickie book based entirely on user-submitted content didn't lose a lawsuit, for ruining America.
- Yeah, this seems unlikely?
- Also there is this Valentine thing, with the cards, Top Chef is marginally better than it looked like it'd be at the beginning of the season, Michelle Obama keeps on wearing clothes, awful people are awful, and the gays will soon retake the city.