Slowly, news is starting to come out about 'Jiverly Voong,' the gunman who shot and killed more than a dozen people in a Binghamton immigration center yesterday. He was an angry gun-obsessed loner, surprise.
The Daily News tracked down this photo of Voong (some outlets give his real name as Jiverly Wong; other as Jiverly Voong; one of those is an alias, but it's unclear which) at work. The paper has the best story on the shooter so far, and here's what we know:
- He came to the US from Vietnam when he was "young."
- His wife and kids left him at some point.
- He shared a home with his father in Johnson City, NY. The men were supposedly good neighbors, sharing apples and berries from their garden.
- "Oh of course," #1: Voong hated America. "I asked him if he liked the Yanks," and "he said, 'No, I don't like that team. I don't like America. America sucks.'"
- "Oh of course," #2: Quiet type. "He was a very nice guy, but he seemed very, very depressed."
- "Oh of course," #3: Gun nut. "He went to target practice on Saturday. He said he had two guns, one in his glove compartment. He was always talking about his guns."