Gawker Media, publisher of some of the web's most loved titles, is seeking a Controller to oversee all things finance at a fast-growing online media company. Duties include overseeing the accounting staff and bearing ultimate responsibility for financial reporting, accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and internal controls.
- Prepare monthly financial reporting for executives.
- Oversee accounts payable, monthly reconciliation, expense reports, credit card charges.
- Oversee accounts receivable (revenue recognition, billing discrepancies, credit memos, and other accounts receivable issues).
- Calculate monthly contractor pay and bonus using pageview data and other metrics.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual journal entries at the close of each accounting period.
- Take a leadership role in defining and implementing scalable financial processes to improve financial analysis, improve data integrity, and ultimately support the growth of our business.
- Develop and maintain a consistency in management reporting analysis that allows management to focus on essential finance issues.
- Work with accountant, bank officers, and other outside advisers as necessary.
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative field of study or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years finance experience, online media industry strongly preferred.
- Prior management experience.
- Very organized, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Comfort with all things internet.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to distill complex concepts and insights into actionable information.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills, experience with NetSuite a huge plus.
Salary commensurate with experience. Could be a great fit for someone with perhaps less management experience but highly motivated to take on a challenging new position and grow and develop into the role. Please state your salary expectations in your cover letter.
To apply, send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to financejob AT gawker DOT com.