Tucker Max did an interview with City Pages in Minneapolis about his movie. He said at least six untrue things:
- "We made this movie for the same reason that we create all of our art; because we love it"
- "There is no number or level of success that would make me think, 'Wow, I didn't think that was possible.'"
- "My writing is authentic and whatever happens in my life is what I write about."
- "Now, I'm more like a smart missile."
- "We also wanted to make it feel realistic."
- "everyone just assumes it's going to be a success."
These are just the lies. Not all of the preposterous statements.