Since she's got her own show, it makes sense that Bravo has replaced Bethenny Frankel on the Real Housewives of New York. But who could really take her place?
According to Life and Style, the show has inked a deal with socialite Sonja Morgan. Who? Never heard of her. Well, here's the little info we could dig up on her:
- She's married to John Morgan, a great-grandson of J. Pierpont Morgan of, you know, J.P. Morgan fame.
- The couple lives in New York, but also live on an island off the coast of Connecticut and on their yacht. They have one daughter.
- Born Sonja Tremont, she met Morgan while working as the hostess at a Madison Avenue restaurant.
- She executive produced the 2006 movie The Marsh, starring Gabrielle Anwar as a lady who sees ghosts and Forest Whitaker as the ghostbuster who helps her.
- She lost 10 pounds in 2005 and was weighing in at a svelte 125. She did it with the Raw Food Detox Diet. She even wrote a review!
- She's no Bethenny Frankel.
All the rumors from the set this year have been that Bethenny is out with the group, so hopefully she'll have a cataclysmic breakdown which will lead to her storming off the show. Morgan will take her place about episode five of the new season which won't air until next year.
Morgan sounds just like (former?) Countess LuAnn, a lady with the right last name and the right husband, who got to the good life by being pretty and marrying well. She was a working girl before she met her husband, after all. For a prominent New York lady, we don't know much about her, so we can't wait for the floodgates to open. Jury's still out on whether or not this is a good addition, but consider our interest piqued.
Update: Both Bethenny's twitter and a spokesperson from Bravo say that Frankel is going to be on the entire third season of the show. When asked if Morgan was joining the third season, the spokesperson said, that "we haven't released any details for season three." Well, it's not a denial.