Here we go: Larimer County Sheriff Jim Alderden's saying that the local police will likely be pressing charges against Richard Heene. And someone claiming to be Richard Heene has left a long, substantial comment at TMZ trying to deflate speculation.
Heene and his wife Mayumi were interviewed by investigators earlier this afternoon. Specifics weren't given, but he noted it'd likely be a class 3 misdemeanor for false reporting. It's also being reported that a search warrant has been drummed up. It'll likely be used to search, among other things, the attic Falcon Heene reportedly hid in, as well as computers with smoking guns, if they exist. The Larimer County sheriff's office is planning a press conference for tomorrow morning.
More as we get it. As for (maybe?) Richard Heene's TMZ comment:
9. This is Richard. I may not have cable but I do have the internet and I must say I am alarmed at some of the things coming out. Any other inquiries are to be made to my spokesman who I will introduce tomorrow.
I came across this site and this is unreal.
- First of all, this was not a hoax. Falcon WAS missing when the balloon lifted off. Why would we make a hoax with out kid?
- When Falcon was talking about the show, this is what happened: Earlier in the day when we were working on this craft, I told Falcon that someday we would be famous and have our own show and when that happened, he would have to hide in the attic to escape his fans. Are we clear?
- This guy claiming to have worked for me was a fraud. Yes, he will show you my handwriting where I allegedly talk about a plan but it was all a joke at the time.
- Any other questions regarding this incident will be forwarded to my spokesman who I will introduce tomorrow. I will answer more questions tonight.
and please don't come within 200 meters of my house. Read the note.