Last time we saw Miley Cyrus' little sister, the tyke was posing with stripper poles and wearing patent-leather thigh-high boots. And now: Noah performs an exuberant ass-slapping version of Akon's "Smack That," while Miley and friends cheer her on.
This is disturbing on at least seven levels.
1. Inherently disturbing: A nine-year-old is performing "Smack That." Alongside these lyrics:
Smack that, all on the floor
Smack that, give me some more
Smack that, till you get sore
Smack that, oh ooh
She "smacks" her buttocks, thrusts her hips, and shimmies her shoulders.
2. A crowd of young adults is cheering her on.
3. ...one of whom is her older sister, who may have suggested the song (0:30)
4. Given Miley's experience with sexualized-young-people controversy, does this sisterly interaction have a whiff of "victim working out her angst by victimizing others"?
5. Noah's outfit looks suspiciously like a Minnie Mouse dress. Since the Cyrus family juggernaut is a Disney creation, this is extra creepy.
6. This version of the video bears the logo of mileyworld.com, Miley Cyrus' official fan site, meaning there is a chance that the Cyrus family and/or their starmakers want Noah to be perceived this way.
7. Noah has been in absurd situations like this before and is a child actress, recording artist, and inheritor to a formidable family mantel. Is it even possible to save this child from the farcically oversexed wilderness of... Disney? Hollywood? America at large?