Remember the Alaska kindergarten teacher Palin threatened to serve libel papers in front of his class? He went to a Going Rogue event and discovered he is one of Palin's four worst enemies, banned from events via headshot dossier. UPDATED
This story is a who's who of the Wasilla Hillbilly's pettiest feuds.
The Immoral Minority's Gryphen went with fellow Anchorage blogger Dennis Zaki to a book signing at Wasilla's Sports Center (built for $12.5M during Palin's mayoral tenure, to ethically dubious results) where the pair were barred from entry. From Gryphen's account:
My first hint that something may be wrong down in Who-ville was when I was asked for my ID, not once, but twice. Then as Dennis and I were about to sign in, and the lady behind the desk took our picture with a little digital camera! ...
Almost as soon as I had my picture taken I felt a hand on my shoulder.
I turned around and came face to face with a local police officer who quickly apologized and then informed me that I was on the "banned list".
"I am on the WHAT list?" I asked.
"The banned list sir, I am going to have to escort you off of the property. This is a private event."
On my way toward the door I stopped to wait for Dennis so that we could leave together, however the police officer again placed his hand on my shoulder and insisted that I continue on toward the exit. ... Outside Dennis joined me and told me that he had learned that both he and I were on the banned list, along with Shannyn Moore, and that they even had pictures of us to reference for quick identification.
The Anchorage Daily News confirms this account, and Gryphen later discovered Palin's banned blogger list contains only four names. So far we know:
- 1. Gryphen, banned for Sarah-Todd divorce rumors and for resisting Palin's attempt to hold his kindergarten class hostage.
- 2. Dennis Zaki, banned for being Gryphen's friend and for repeating his rumors on the Alaska Report.
- 3. Shannyn Moore, Huff Post blogger and local radio host banned for speculating that Palin's gubernatorial resignation was tied to ethics investigations. Moore famously snubbed her nose at Palin's legal threats.
My guess is that the fourth is another local, mostly amateur blogger since (a.) the event was in Wasilla (b.) Palin has no knowledge of the world outside of her local bubble, anyway. So, two guesses at the identity of the mysterious fourth:
- 1. Jeanne Devon, who blogs under the name AKMuckraker for the Huffington Post and The Mudflats. She contributed to Palin parody Going Rouge and has guested on Moore's show and Rachel Maddow's.
- 2. Linda Kellen Biegel, who blogs under the name Celtic Diva and stands accused of "malicious desecration of a photo" of Sarah and Trig.
- 3. UPDATE: Philip Munger, the Progressive Alaska blogger and Wasilla resident who provided early first-hand testimony about Palin's creationist Assembly of God church. (Thanks to fsmith001 for bringing Munger up.)
I wish I could say Andrew Sullivan, but (a.) it's almost definitely Devon or Munger (b.) even Palin knows Sullivan is too busy with his twelve-hour fuck fests to fly all the way to Alaska for her. Then again, this woman has no sense of proportion. In her mind, an armchair blogger with basic HTML skills is as great a threat as a federal ethics investigation or the Russian Army invading Wasilla. It's the same way she barely modulates her tone as she moves from Levi-bashing to Obama-bashing.
Banned! Making It On Sarah Palin's Enemies List [ImmoralMinority]
Palin's Wasilla Book Signing Feels Like a Homecoming [ADN]