If you want to pay attention to the Massachusetts special election results on the internet tonight, here is the Massachusetts Secretary of State's website, and Marc Ambinder's "cheat sheet" of what to look for. More assorted links below.
- If Coakley wins everyone in the media will look like a complete fucking idiot (ourselves included).
- Higher turnout than expected in Boston! Which is good news for what's-her-face, the stupid Democrat. Sort of. Maybe.
- Marc Ambinder also made a Twitter list!
- Six people have claimed to have received ballots pre-filled out with Scott Brown's name. Six! That is a trend!
- And Wonkette will be liveblogging.
- Ok, here is a Politico story about how Michael Steele orchestrated this whole thing by "lying low." It is based on a memo "obtained" by Politico. That memo Politico "obtained" was emailed out to various reporters, by an RNC communications director. So... it is not so much an internal communication, really. It is more of a "press release." And the "line" of that official communication from the RNC is basically repeated as not just fact, in this story, but as fact determined by reporting done by Politico. It is sort of like if I pretended I had "obtained" that photo of Martha Stewart on the stripper pole. The one that was emailed to me by her show's flack.
- Peggy Noonan—who, we remind you, has seen a Mexican—knows that Scott Brown's appeal is that he "looks American."
- Part of looking American is driving around in a truck.
- If Brown wins, the Republicans who refused to seat Al Franken for months will demand that Brown be seated like the next day.