Charlize Theron and Stuart Townsend. At least Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard have reason to celebrate. And, sadly we've been heavy on the deaths lately including TheStreet.com editor Dave Morrow and Boston Legal star Justin Mentell.
Births (and other mazels):
- Celebrating a birthday today are: gossip dowager Liz Smith, Jack Donaghey's mother Elaine Stritch, hippie comedian Tom Smothers, barefoot contessa Ina Garten, uptown girl Christie Brinkley, Columbian she wolf Shakira, and my very own mother (happy birthday, Mom).
Deaths (and other sad things):
- Justin Mentell, who played Garrett Wells on Boston Legal, died when his car drove off an embankment and into two trees in rural Wisconsin on Monday. He was 27.
- Zelda Rubenstein, the little person and early AIDS activist who played psychic Tangina in the Poltergeist movies and Madame Serena in the under-appreciated Teen Witch, died of a heart attack on January 27th. She was 76.
- David J. Morrow, a business reporter at SmartMoney, The New York Times, The Detroit Free Press and Fortune before becoming the award-winning editor-in-chief of business news website TheStreet.com, died yesterday after a long battle with cancer. He was 49.
- Celebrating the anniversary of his death today is your grandmother's second favorite dancer Gene Kelly.
Marriages (and other tragedies):
- The Chicago Sun-Times is saying that Jesus Luz dumped his meal ticket Madonna. Say what? They claim that he realized their age difference and lack of mutual interest didn't suit a long-term relationship. He'll be taking with him lots of fun trips, some new clothes, and a DJ career.
- Television actress Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard (the one who played Amy Poeller's boyfriend in Baby Mama) got engaged.
- Charlize Theron and her partner Stuart Townsend called it quits after nine years. We say partner because they were never married, not because they were in a lesbian relationship.