The very hard partying NYU economics professor Nouriel Roubini painted such a bleak picture of our economy he was dubbed Dr. Doom. Now his outlook has changed so he says he wants a new nickame. We're here to help.
Our friends at Daily Intel threw in their two cents, but they weren't nearly harsh enough to CNBC's replacement nicknames. Roubini the Realist sounds like a magician, Sir Fretalot is Woody Allen's cat, and Dr. Toldja! is now copyrighted by Nikki Finke. Here's what we got:
- Bubbles: Not just Michael Jackson's chimp, it's a bright sunny name that predicts economic affluence to come. Of course a bubble always bursts, so there's still a bit of doom.
- Last Call: This is the female Jersey Shore nickname equivalent of Dr. Doom. This is great because it's booze and party related and also harkens back to the call he made about looming economic disaster. Also, it's probably when he gets laid most often.
- Beast Man: Does anyone else thing he looks like Skeletor's henchman from He-Man and the Masters of the Universe? Anyone? And Masters of the Universe=Wall Street! Hello!
- Rou: Simple, easy to pronounce (sounds like poo), rhymes with everything, and fits easily into phrases like, "Who's your Rou, baby?" We bet the people of St. Barts would really get into that unless they mistake it with Roux, which is a cooked mixture of fat and flour. Still, pretty fitting.
- Dr. PlastervulvuaPartyBoy: Because Obviously.
Which is your favorite? Any other bright ideas?