Olympic women spun, leaped, and flying cameled their way to the figure skating podium last night, but with all those plunging backs and necklines (not to mention visible nipples) all I could think was, Where does the bra go?
Not to be a total perv, but look at these costumes. Illusion netting may cover a multitude of sins, but I'm pretty sure these ladies are not wearing bras. If there's some sort of slipped-down-the-front floating-cup situation going on, rest assured it is not of the heavy duty sports bra variety that even a casual jogger would be a fool to go without.
After all that jumping and contorting at high speeds, shouldn't their boobs be sore?
- Point: Braless running down stairs is enough to make a mortal woman cringe. This is clearly more rigorous.
- Counterpoint: They regularly crash into hard surfaces at 30mph. They can probably handle a little pain.
- Point: Did you see Mao Asada's triple axel?
- Counterpoint: They're only on the ice for four minutes at a time.
- Point: With all those cut-outs, there isn't even room for built-in reinforcement.
- Counterpoint: Those bodies aren't exactly the type that gets floppy.
- Counterpoint: Centripetal force is on their side during spins.
- Point: Oh no. Why is Miki Ando's top pointing at her nipples like that?
- Counterpoint: It's the Olympics, so suck it up. Besides, did you see Cynthia Phaneuf's earrings? She's probably too busy worrying about tearing an earlobe to give her breasts a second thought.