On Saturday, we brought you the news of Rick Sanchez's stupid, sanctimonious and downright infuriating coverage on CNN of the Chilean earthquake and near-worldwide tsunami warning. Tonight, Jon Stewart brilliantly took Sanchez to task, and it was EPIC. Video inside.
|The Daily Show With Jon Stewart||Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c|
|Click to view|
In under four minutes, Stewart managed to:
- Mock Sanchez's confusion at the smallest, most obvious piece of common sense,
- point out that Sanchez identified the Galapagos Islands as Hawaii,
- again make note of Sanchez's infuriating confusion at anything and everything,
- hilariously comment on Sanchez's "Nine meters in English is...?" statement,
- show how much of an unnecessary dick Sanchez was to the on-set oceanographer,
- compare Sanchez to a coked up guy at a party who corners you and tries to explain—really intensely—that the ant is the strongest animal in existence (for its size),
- and work in footage of Sanchez being tasered.
Well done, Mr. Stewart. Well done.