A remarkable number of editorial employees have left New York magazine recently! Well. Five, at least. Let us review the departed, below.
- Online editor Jessica Coen went to Jezebel in late January.
- Deputy editor Hugo Lindgren left for BusinessWeek last week.
- Mark Graham, of Vulture (and formerly Defamer), is leaving for a gig at VH1.
- Janet Ozzard is going to Daily Candy.
- Amina Akhtar, the mag's online fashion editor, recently gave notice, we hear.
So, is New York mag a den of horrors, or what? Eh? Actually, the insiders we've spoken to say it's more of a coincidental case of a bunch of people taking better jobs (as people are wont to do) than any significant sign that New York mag is fucked up in any real way. Sometimes things are not so scandalous!