Aziz Ansari will host the 2010 MTV Movie Awards, The Onion gets its own TV show, NBC won't let Conan appear on Idol Gives Back and LeVar Burton promises new episodes of Reading Rainbow.
[Kermit the Frog drops by the original Reading Rainbow. Image via ScrapeTV.]
- In TV News...
- Aziz Ansari will host this year's MTV Movie Awards! I think it's safe to say that we can expect a lot of laughs—but more importantly, will Raaaaaaaandy make an appearance?
- Conan and Fox were negotiating an appearance on American Idol's "Idol Gives Back" show but NBC said no way, jose.
- Ryan Phillippe and Ke$ha are rumored to be the host and musical guest of Saturday Night Live's April 17th show.
- Don't feel bad for ol' Jimmy Cooper: Tate Donovan has been cast as the lead in ABC's upcoming series, No Ordinary Family.
- Breaking Bad's return to TV last night was actually it's most-watched episode ever.
- America Ferrera didn't think that her show Ugly Betty getting canceled was much of a surprise.
- LeVar Burton tweeted yesterday that Reading Rainbow will be returning to TV.
- Vanity Fair has an interview with Three Sheet's host Zane Lamprey.
- This season, Nurse Jackie will twitter in real time.
- Rosie O'Donnell may return to Daytime TV. (Link is worth clicking for the image alone!)
- ScreenJunkies have picked 10 actors who are TV cancer.
- Here's a story from The Onion that's not a farce: they're getting their own TV show.
- Around the Web...
- Chris Evans has reportedly been offered the role of Captain America.
- John Cusack is not a fan of John Hughes movies.
- Mila Kunis talks about Jason Segel's manparts in this month's GQ.
- Well this is quite a trip: Young Me / Now Me takes side-by-side photos of people in their youth and recreates them in present day.
- Sacha Baron Cohen and Isla Fisher made it all legal and got married. Cute!
- Penelope Cruz has been cast as Blackbeard's daughter in the next Pirates of the Carribean movie.
- Movieline does the work for us by ranking the explosions in this year's Summer movie trailers.
- Good for a laugh: one letter off movie posters.