TLC is bringing Kate Gosselin back in a new reality series titled Twist of Kate, an "unlikely romance" can be expected on Lost before the season's over, and David Cross says an Arrested Development movie "won't happen." More inside!
In TV News...
- Tosh.0 has been renewed by Comedy Central for another season of viral videos, web redemptions, and other shenanigans by host Daniel Tosh. The series will premiere in January 2011 and will run for 29 episodes. [Inside TV]
- Hold the phone! Michael Ausiello revealed this week that an "unlikely romance" will happen on Lost some time in May. Here are three guesses as to who it may be. [Movieline]
- Oh, fantastic: TLC has announced that Kate Gosselin will return to the network (with all eight kids in tow!) for a new reality series called Twist of Kate. Generally I enjoy a good pun, but this couldbe the most cringeworthy name for a reality show yet. [People]
- Not surpisingly, Best Week Ever has already come up with "15 Titles Lazier Than Twist of Kate." Options include "Kateline: To Catch A Predator" and "Right Here Kating." [BWE.tv]
- Yikes! A producer on Survivor has just been arrested as a suspect in the murder his wife. [Warming Glow]
- Anyone who was worried about Oprah's departure from daytime can rest easy—she'll host Oprah's Next Chapter on the OWN Network. It'll air a few nights a week on her new network. [The Live Feed]
- Here are "Ten Reality TV Personailities Most Deserving of a Grisly Death." The list includes Spencer Pratt, Tyra Banks, and Kelly Cutrone. [Uproxx]
Around the Web...
- Well, this broke my heart when I read it first thing in the morning... David Cross doesn't think the movie will ever happen, saying "Everyone's doing their own thing, you know. And everybody's aged. It's just not going to happen." [Geekosystem]
- Apple released new information on the iPhone today—which finally includes mulit-tasking. Here's a video of how it will all work. [Gizmodo]
- One of (if not the) original internet memes, "Hello My Future Girlfriend," has resurfaced as an adult named Michael Blount. He fessed up to the creation of the site on Reddit and spills more details in an interview at [Urlesque.]
- "Spoiler Alert: TV Will Continue to be Terrible" highlights Kate Gosselin's new show, Bravo's Top Art, and talks about the golden age of television (and why television is currently awful, too.) [Videogum]
- As an April Fool's Day prank, Kenyon Martin's teammates filled up his car with popcorn and he was anything but pleased. David Matthews whipped up a video of his temper-tantrum mashed up with the grandaddy of all public freakouts—Christian Bale. [Deadspin]
- Here are "Eight Date Night—Inspired NBC Team-Ups" that would be great on the big screen. And yes, we must agree that Creed Bratton and Chris Pratt would make a fine on-screen duo! [Vulture]