The Avatar star insists James Cameron lost because he's not a woman. Sandy B met one of Jesse's girls. A real life Gossip Girl couple breaks up. A real life Jersey Shore couple fights. Tuesday's gossip wins by technical knockout.
- Sigourney Weaver wants to grab Kathryn Bigelow by the throat and scream, "Get away from her you bitch." The "her" she's talking about is Bigelow's Oscar for Best Director. Weaver told a Brazilian news site that the only reason James Cameron didn't win the Oscar for Avatar—which she is in the southern hemisphere promoting—is because he's not a woman. "Jim didn't have breasts, and I think that was the reason [he didn't win]," Weaver said. That wasn't her last dig. "In the past, Avatar would have won because they [Oscar voters] loved to hand out awards to big productions, like Ben-Hur. Today it's fashionable to give the Oscar to a small movie that nobody saw," she slammed. Snap, Bigelow. You better watch out, cause Ripley's coming for you. P6]
- Looks like real life Gossip Girl couple Ed Westwick and Jessica Szohr are putting the ex in XOXO. Supposedly Westwick is all weepy because Szohr was all around town flirting with other guys (including a close friend) both before and during a recent excursion to Germany to film a movie. He has supposedly now dumped her and won't listen to her pleading to reunite. Don't be sad, Chuck. We like you way more now that you're not dating that cavewoman Vanessa. [Gatecrasher]
- Remember when Sammi and Ronnie, the smooshing guidos from Jersey Shore broke up? Well, as soon as they showed up in Miami to film season two, they got back together. Now reports say that they got in a huge fight in a club. Sammie stormed out because Ronnie was dancing with another girl. Wait, didn't we see this episode already? [RadarOnline]
- A shocking new development in the Sandra Bullock saga: She actually met one of the ladies Jesse James cheated on her with. It was (gasp!) former West Coast Choppers employee Merilee Gerth. Just one more reason that Jesse is a jerk. [TMZ]
- Pamela Anderson is being sued over the name of the clothing line she created with former Heatherette designer Richie Rich. Clothing company Maggie London International says it trademarked the name Muse in 2002 and when Pam went for the same moniker, they told her she had to stop. Pam & Richie opted for A*Muse, which has an extra letter and a strange punctuation mark which, according to the National Treaty on Drag Queen Names, is all one needs to distinguish oneself from a recognized trademark. That's not enough for Maggie London, who has decided to take the matter to court. Why not wait until the clothes have actually made some money first, because it appears that Anderson owes almost $500K in taxes. [NY Post, Popeater]
- Fancy society designer Carolina Herrera didn't want to be on Tinsley Mortimer's embarrassing reality show High on Society or whatever it's called. She says that her recent appearance greeting the Tinz at the opera was a mistake. She thought she was signing a release for some still photography, not some crappy, low-budget CW fest where racists throw champagne at some girl called Debbie Trachtenberg. Sorry, Carolina, but if the rest of us have to suffer with this show, then so do you. [P6]
- It's so rare that we get happy news about someone that we really like, so we're very happy for Jane Lynch and her fiancée, psychologist Lara Embry, who just got engaged. "It's just the greatest thrill in the world to find somebody that you want to be with every day," she said. Aw, so cute. But don't go making us think that Sue Motherfucking Sylvester has feelings! [People]