After Facebook's most recent privacy kerfuffles—can you believe users were able to read each other's private chats?— it's once again become fashionable to say you're going to quit the social network.
Engadget founder Peter Rojas, who says he's "tired of not having real control over what I'm sharing," just did it.
So did VC and professional know-it-all Paul Kedrosky. So did that one guy in your office with the thick-rimmed glasses who says he prefers to "tweet."
But you, my normal friend, will not.
You may listen to these wonks, who say that Facebook has declared "war on privacy."
You'll read about how Facebook has "slowly but surely helped itself - and its advertising and business partners - to more and more of its users' information."
You may feel a slight twinge of anxiety. But you'll stay on Facebook forever.
10 Reasons You'll Never Quit Facebook (Even If You Think You Want To)
1. You're not going to go back to waiting an hour to send an email to 30 people with 40 photos.
2. How will you remember anybody's birthday?
3. How will you stalk your college boyfriend's new fiance?
4. Without Facebook what are you going to do when you don't have a friend's email address or phone number? Facebook messaging blows. But at least you know you can reach anybody who has a Facebook account.
5. Forget Facebook. 80 million of you are addicted to Zygna's Facebook game, FarmVille.
6. It takes 2 seconds to "join" a new site through Facebook Connect. It can take a good 10 minutes doing it the old way. (Care to subscribe to these magazines?)
7. How will you hear about parties? How will you remember where and when those parties are? Evite?
8. You don't care about Facebook and Mark Zuckerberg's sometimes sketchy past.
9. Sure, Facebook has privacy issues, but you don't care about privacy anymore. Remember when you wouldn't use your real name on the Internet?
10. You've never quit before. Remember News Feed? Beacon? You didn't quit then and won't now, either. Not even if you want to.
[Republished from www.businessinsider.com,Photo via Getty Images]