Arianna Huffington needs a five-word speech to give at the Webby Awards, and she's soliciting suggestions on her blog. I've got one: "Crowdsourcing everything, including this speech." Got something better? Put on your thinking cap, and help us help Arianna.
As is the tradition at the Webbys, award winners only get five words for their acceptance speeches. Last year, mine was: "I didn't kill newspapers... okay?" [...] I need to decide what this year's speech should be, and would love your input. Submit your five-word speech in the comments section.
Former Gawker blogger Alex Pareene started a Twitter trend to help Arianna, #5wordariannaspeech, and we think it's a great idea. ("@pareene, we're still using you.") Let's double down on Arianna's crowdsource. Here are some ideas to get the ball rolling:
- As liberal as is fashionable.
- Someday I will lead cults.
- You are all my underlings.
- Watch my latest TV appearance.
- Smoke and mirrors and NSFW.
- Something Jon Stewart said yesterday. (@pareene)
- Terrorizing assistants one by one.
- Bring me my Google Trends.
- Married a 'mo for money. (@brianjmoylan)
- I changed my mind again. (@charles_star)
- I'm richer than you are.
- Crowdsourcing everything, including this speech.
Readers: Submit the five words you would like to hear out of Arianna's mouth, in the comment section below. I will choose the best one from our crowdsource, and submit it to Arianna's crowdsource. If we win, we'll get a signed copy of her book!
Don't feel bad, Arianna: "We tease because we love/hate."
[Photo via Getty]