Ricky Gervais has the perfect role on Curb, Craig Ferguson will host Shark Week, Piers Morgan may replace Larry King, a second Home Shopping Network, hear Devo's new album, and the first photo from Mad Men's fourth season.
The first image from Mad Men, season four, is upon us! Too bad you can't gain very much insight into the new season based upon just this. [Buzz Sugar]
- In TV News...
- Craig Ferguson will host this year's Shark Week. Not sure what needs to be hosted, but sounds like a rad idea either way. [Oh No They Didn't]
- Ricky Gervais says that his role on Curb Your Enthusiasm is "perfect." [AP]
- An interview with Warren the Ape creators Sean Baker, Spencer Chinoy and Dan Milano. [TV Squad]
- The 2009-2010 McKinley HighGlee yearbook of superlatives! [TV.com]
- Rumors are flying that Larry King is out at CNN and that Piers Morgan will replace him. Really? Piers Morgan? [TV Squad]
- SNL's Bobby Moynihan answers fan questions. Fun fact: he attended the same college as I did! [Live From New York It's Saturday Night]
- The poster for this year's Emmy Awards has been revealed. [The Live Feed]
- In case there weren't enough options of 24-hour shopping on the Home Shopping Network, the Tims reports that a second HSN network will launch soon. [TV Squad]
- Cheers, The Simpsons, and The Brady Bunch all made the list of 10 Unforgettable TV Show Intros. [Woman's Day]
- A roundup of what's new on DVD this week in terms of TV shows. [TV Squad]
- All of those outrageous escape tricks that MacGyver pulled? Some might not be so truthful. [Neatorama]
- The Real Housewives of D.C. cast has been announced and guess who's involved afterall? The now-infamous White House party-crashers, the Salahis. [Fishbowl DC]
- Around the Web...
- What happened at last night's Webby's? Buzz Aldrin, icings, and B.J. Novak for starters! [Mediaite]
- An interview with Laurel Touby: mediabistro founder, recent Webutante Ball attendee, and my former employer. [blisstree]
- Someone is crazy enough to attempt watching "all 64 World Cup 2010 games, while holding a day job." Read his daily chronicles here. [World Cup and Me]
- Ten classic 80s films that Hollywood will now try to remake due to the success of Jayden Smith's Karate Kid. [NBC Chicago]
- CageFlix: Add every single Nicolas Cage movie to your Netflix queue in one click. [Wonder-Tonic]
- 15 Things that Larry King Doesn't Know, a fantastic collection of tweets. [Buzzfeed]
- Devo is live-streaming their album to a room filled with cats. Hilarious, cute, and also pretty decent-sounding! [UStream]