The Office gets a new permanent cast member, four Jersey Shore cast-mates will be eliminated at the end of the upcoming season, why Judge Judy rules daytime, and the mystery behind bros icing bros' website going down has been solved.
Chicago's WGN TV News had a geography mix-up during today's broadcast. Nothing to do with Arbroath.
- In TV News...
- Zach Woods, aka The Office's loveable-yet-awkward Gabe, has been signed on to be a permanent character next season. [Buzz Sugar]
- Friday Night Lights will bring back favorites Adrianne Palicki and Taylor Kitsch during the show's 5th season. [Ausiello Files]
- Clive Owen and Nicole Kidman have signed on to star in an HBO movie produced by James Gandolfini about Ernest Hemingway. [TV Squad]
- CBS is apparently planning to "trim down" the female cast members on Criminal Minds. Is this blatant sexism? [NBC Chicago]
- Judge Judy rules daytime television, attracting an average of 6.4 million viewers per episode. Why? [TV Squad]
- Four Jersey Shore cast members will lose their "jobs" and won't be asked to return for the next season. Who will they be? [Movieline]
- How to model your home after The Bachelorette mansion. [Casa Sugar]
- The New York Times' Brian Stelter and David Carr discuss the media's reactions to Obama's Oval Office address. [Media Decoder]
- Around the Web...
- The first official photo from the upcoming Smurfs movie has been released. Where's Neil Patrick Harris? [Slash Film]
- Zach Galifianakis is in talks to star in a remake of the classic Don Knotts movie, The Incredible Mr.Limpet. [LA Times Blog]
- An elusive message on the brosicingbros.com website led us to believe that Bros Icing Bros is over! Wait a second, they just sold out for a bunch of money? Why am I not surprised? [The Village Voice]
- Five fictional presidents that would have outdone Obama last night. [Movieline]
- In honor of Psycho's 50 anniversary, will take an in-depth look at Alfired Hitchcock for the next 11 days. [Pop Matters]
- Over 600,000 iPhones were pre-ordered yesterday. [NY Times]
- Excited for Starbucks' new free WiFi? This map shows it's availability all over the US. [Chandu Thota]
- Weezer has debuted a song for the World Cup. Personally, I enjoy it more than Shakira and R. Kelly's offerings. [MTV]