Martin Starr played the best TV nerd on Party Down, Skeet Ulrich on Law & Order: LA, who's not coming to Comic Con, and the Emmy nominations are out! Conan's Tonight Show is in, Jay Leno's been snubbed. Finally, justice!
In TV News...
- Is Martin Starr's Roman from Party Down the best TV Nerd ever? The answer is a resounding "Yes!" [io9]
- Skeet Ulrich (I know right—what decade is this?) will take the lead in the upcoming Law & Order: LA series. [Ausiello Files]
- Season five of Brothers & Sisters may be its last. Is this because Rob Lowe left? [TV Squad]
- Hayden Christensen and his brother filed a lawsuit against USA yesterday, claiming that the network stole their pitch idea and created Royal Pains without them. Yikes! [TV Squad]
- American Idol's favorite hippie-from-Connecticut, Crystal Bowersox, got her teeth fixed. An ...improvement? [Small Screen Scoop]
- A big list of Emmy snubs—including Amy Pohler, Joel McHale, etc, etc. I'm just glad that Terry O'Quinn and Michael Emerson were nominated. [The Live Feed]
- Shows like Doctor Who, Shit My Dad Says and Conan O'Brien's new show won't be at this year's Comic Con. Find out why. [The Live Feed]
- Hot in Cleveland has been renewed for a second season. Why put us through the torture? [The Live Feed]
- Why Louie is so much more than just a comedy. [Warming Glow]
- Modern Family's Jesse Tyler wept when he discovered he'd been nominated for an Emmy. [Vulture]
- Brian Austin Green is in talks for a role on Desperate Housewives. I guess marrying Megan Fox can do wonders for your career, afterall! [The Live Feed]
Around the Web...
- A great list of 9 "Heat Wave" movies that will help to take your mind off of the hellish weather outside. [Movieline]
- For the Gameboy nerds who are sexually active... Donkey Shlong condoms! [Sarah Spy]
- An in-depth look at how James Franco became the King of all media. Not sure if I agree, but they make a pretty convincing point... [Flavorwire]
- You know that dude who's really excited about rainbows? Nick at Urlesque interviewed him and essentiall got his whole life story. You know you're curious... [Urlesque]
- Olivia Munn talks about how "easy to hate" she is, how no one had heard of Jezebel before this, and that's she's half-Chinese. This girl just gets worse and worse in my book... [Salon]
- Want to help a really crappy movie get made? Click here. [Asylum]
- 10 fascinating facts that you didn't know about Apple. [Mashable]
- Today in completely unnecessary things: Avatar will be re-released in theaters for a run beginning August 27th. [The Wrap]
- And in depressing things... people are getting married in Home Depot and T.J. Maxx. Sign of the recession or just white trash? You decide. [Runnin' Scared]
- Ever wonder just how many crimes Ferris Bueller committed on his day off? [Metafilter]