Britney Spears will get her own episode of Glee, Jaleel White's legal trouble, the Today Show changes their wedding contest rules to include gay couples, Bret Michael's possible new reality show, and how to get extra free Netflix movie delivered.
Jack McBrayer, Jon Hamm and host Seth Meyers pal around while filming a spot for Wednesday's ESPY Awards. Image via ESPYs on twitter.
- In TV News...
- It's confirmed, Britney Spears will get her very own guest spot on Glee. [Advocate]
- Lee Pace, known as the lead in Pushing Daisies, is joining the cast of HBO's upcoming Miraculous Year. [Ausiello Files]
- Here's an enjoyable read: "10 Things I Learned from Freaks and Geeks." [TV Squad]
- The Today Show is changing its guidelines for their "Modern Day Wedding" contest to include gay couples. [The Live Feed]
- One Steve Carell leaves The Office, what's his value as a movie star? [New York Magazine]
- Bret Michaels has been offered a new reality show called Rock Star Supernova. The show, originally hosted by Dave Navarro, will air on CBS. [Hollywood Life]
- Firefly gets the credits sequence that it deserved. [io9]
- Jaleel White, aka Steve Urkell, is under investigation for battering a woman. :( If the tough gets going... he should just blame Stephan. [TMZ]
- Around the Web...
- Did you know that you can add an extra (and free!) DVD to your netflix queue by ordering less popular DVD's? [LifeHacker]
- Jon Cryer's open letter to Neil Patrick Harris. Them's fightin' words! [Zap2it]
- LeBron James leaves basketball to join ...Animal Collective? May I propose "Merriweather Post-Basketball" as their next album title? [The Alt Report]
- Speaking of LeBron, here's the five most ridiculous parts of his "Desicion" special. [Best Week Ever]
- Happy first birthday to TheOatmeal.com! The site's been around for one year, today. [The Oatmeal]
- Hey, fun—you can now turn any website into an oil spill! [Mashable]
- All team members of the World Cup... rated by how hot they are. [Beautiful People]
- A height chart based on famous people. Unfortunately, it's in centimeters. I did the math, and I'm the same height as Hugh Grant and Priness Diana! [Buzzfeed]
- Here's a roundup of some great 8-bit art. [The Creators Project]
- The ten most ridiculous twitter responses to LeBron's "decision." [TV Hunter]