Pitchmen will return without Billy Mays, goodbye Coach Tanaka, the NYSE gets a visit from Jersey Shore, Modern Family's Sofia Veraga's naked body is now a potential Emmy prize for us viewers, and more!
And you thought you attended a super-cool Mad Men viewing party... this was the scene in Times Square on Sunday night. Image via It's Saturday Night Live]
- In TV News...
- Modern Family's new Emmy ad promises that Sofia Veraga will run naked across Sunset Boulevard if they win—cast member subject to change. Ha, ha. [Variety]
- Discovery's Pitchmen will return on August 21st without the late Billy Mays. Andrew "Sully" Sullivan will carry the show, and we can only assume there will be another tribute show in the same vein of Discovery's Deadliest Catch tributes to Captain Phil Harris. [TV Squad]
- Vh1's new reality show about fat people is called Money Hungry. It's on Vh1, so what else would it be called? [Warming Glow]
- Original Beverly Hills, 90210 cast-mates Luke Perry and Jason Priestley have reunited for a made-for-TV western called Goodnight For Justice. See, Brian Austn Green—you're not the only one in the spotlight lately! [Deadline]
- There's apparently a Fresh Prince of Bel Air reunion in the works for some time next year! [Pop Crunch]
- The cast of the Jersey Shore rang the opening bell at the New York Stock Exchange today. Does this reflect a Guido-effect? [Runnin' Scared]
- Glee fans, say goodbye to Coach Tanaka. I don't watch the show, so I have no idea what that means. [TV Squad]
- Susan Sarandon has signed on for the pilot of new HBO show The Miraculous Year. [Hollywood News]
- The top 20 BFF's on TV—From Bart Simpson and Millhouse to the Always Sunny gang. [TV Squad]
- The Golden Girls is going to be remade in Spain starring four of the country's best lady-thespians. [Variety]
- Around the Web...
- For those of you who enjoy John Slattery (aka Roger Sterling... aka Silver Fox) he chatted with Kevin Pollack on Sunday before the premiere for a Mad Men-themed show. Apparently, Samm Levine has been spending his time as a fixture on his show! [Kevin Pollack Chat Show]
- Gwenyth Paltrow has released a new country song. I guess I shouldn't be surprised about this. [Vuture]
- Zac Efron has signed on to do a Nicholas Sparks movie, The Lucky One. Yeah, that sounds about right. [Buzz Sugar]
- Some of these shots made me laugh out loud: The 15 gayest pictures of the Pope. [Buzzfeed]
- 10 (user-submitted!) Questions for Jon Hamm. [Time]
- Elvis Presley's white grand piano is being auctioned off in Memphis next month. It is expected to earn over $1 million. [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Rihanna will make her acting debut in Peter Berg's adaptation of the classic game Battleship. [Slash Film]
- Finally! Zooey Deschanel and Katy Perry in the same place at the same time. With photo evidence! [Unreality Magazine]