NBC announced today that 30 Rock will do a live show this fall. It will be the same show, performed twice for each time zone. More news and links inside!
- In TV News...
- Bored to Death's Ray, played by Zach Galifianakis, has been turned into a comic by Jonathan Ames and artist Dean Haspiel. [HBO]
- Party Down's Lizzy Caplan may just have found a new gig on HBO! Produced by Adam McKay and Will Ferell, it's would be the lead role in an adaption of Julie Klausner's memoir I Don't Care About Your Band. [Warming Glow]
- More on the 6th season of How I Met Your Mother: this season is apparently a game-changer. Say the writers, "If HIMYM is a three-act play, this is kind of the beginning of the third act. [In it, there's] going to be…a huge push that will lead us into the last big chapter." [TV Fanatic]
- The Situation has made it clear that he wants to compete on Dancing With the Stars. Rumor has it, the deal will either be finalized or called off as soon as Monday. [Movieline]
- Corey Stoll, who you might have seen in Salt, has joined the cast of Law & Order: LA as a lead role. [TV Squad]
- Cougar Town isn't going to change its title, after all. According to Bill Lawrence, "We never thought of a good new [title], which kind of sucks." Agreed. [Ausiello Files]
- The latest Dancing With the Stars cast got together for dinner and didn't invite Kate Gosselin. [Pop Eater]
- Another L&O:LA cast member is announced: Terrence Howard will share the role of DA alongside Alfred Molina. [Deadline]
- Drew Carey has lost a ton of weight. Has anybody that regularly watches The Price is Right notice the change? [Radar]
- Matt LeBlanc's new show Episodes help him shed the Joey curse? Doesn't wuite sound like it. [Movieline]
- Around the Web...
- The Wall Street Journal dares to ask, is 2010 the worst year ever for Summer movies? Answer: probably. [WSJ]
- Terry O'Quinn has been cast on an upcoming Lifetime movie alongside Taraji P. Henson. Not quite the next project I'd have suggested for John Locke/Smoke Monster, but at least he's getting work? [TV Squad]
- The world's largest digital photograph is a 70-gigapixel shot of Budapest. [Gizmodo]
- So perfect for summer—food on a stick! [Sweet Paul]
- Drunk guy at the beach tries to put on his shorts as a shirt. Video camera catches it, uploads to YouTube, hilarity ensues. [With Leather]
- Snooki's been arrested in Seaside Heights, New Jersey for disorderly conduct? I can not wait to see the mugshot. [TMZ]