Neil Patrick Harris is having twins. Lindsay Lohan is mentoring young girls. Katy Perry crashes a prom. Maybe we're going to see angry Mel Gibson text messages. Famous matchmaker's engagement goes sour. Sunday's Gossip Round Up, coming up!
- If you felt a strange vibration in the Earth around 5pm yesterday, that was 1,000,000 people collectively awwww-ing over news that Neil Patrick Harris and his partner, chef Davd Burtka are expecting twins via a surrogate mother in October. NPH confirmed on Twitter: "David and I are expecting twins this fall. We're super excited/nervous/thrilled. Hoping the press can respect our privacy..." Last one to score an exclusive interview with the surrogate is a rotten egg! [E!]
- Mario Lopez and Douche of the Decade, Girls Gone Wild founder Joe Francis, were spotted out with their girlfriends having a "low-key dinner" in New York. Apparently they were chatting about how excited they were that Lopez and his girlfriend Courtney Mazza will be having their first baby in a month. If Francis calls that baby "cute" we'll throw up. [P6]
- Billionaire California oil heir Peter Getty ended his marriage to ex-wife in "a hazy abusive binge of cocaine and pornography." But even though Getty is so rich he once wrote a blog about it it looks like he'll only have to pay his ex-wife, costume designer Jacqueline Getty, $83,000 per month in spousal support. Not quite the $535,201 she asked for. [P6]
- 22-year-old Hilary Duff and NHL hockey player Mike Comrie, 29, got married.
- Hey, Lindsay Lohan is mentoring girls in rehab. A source tells TMZ she is "writing them inspirational notes and giving them advice." Is it advice about how to do drugs? Someone should check those notes. [TMZ]
- Finally! The Mel Gibson threatening text messages you've been waiting for. Gibson's alleged mistress, Polish model Violet Kowal, claims she has text messages from Mel's bodyguard who said that she should "disappear for a price." Also U LOOK LIKE A BTCH IN HEAT, or whatever. [TMZ]
- Even though Blue Moon has been identified as the brand of beer hero (??) flight attendent Steven Slater snagged before escaping on that slide, they want nothing to do with the incident. "Our company is not in the business of trivializing public safety for publicity or potential financial gain," they said. But what about trivializing a hilarious thing? [TMZ]
- Katy Perry continues to win our hearts and minds. She crashed a high school prom in Melbourne, Australia Friday when she was walking through the hotel and heard "California Gurls" playing. She got on the mic looking sort of drunk and sang along before her bodyguards whisked her away 10 minutes later. [Radar]
- Haaw haw, famous Millionaire Matchmaker Patti Stanger should use her powers on herself with more discretion: She and her fiance, real estate exec Andy Friedman have ended their engagement. "It hit me really hard that I want kids in my life," she tweeted. "You have to agree on the non-negotiables." [Popeater]