Steven Tyler will join American Idol, Kevin Spacey develops an HBO drama, Prince Harry will join forces for a reality show, what's up with Caprica, Tim Gunn's best TV appearances, ANTM gets classy, and more!
Does this image remind you of anything from your childhood? Darkwing Duck, perhaps? Image by Mike Mitchell.
In TV News...
- Reality TV will finally hit the Royal Family when Prince Harry collaborates with DJ Goldie on a reality television project for BBC2 called Goldie's Band: By Royal Appointment. [Daily Mail]
- Steven Tyler has reportedly signed a deal to judge American Idol. [E!]
- A guide to Tim Gunn's best television cameos. I admit I was a big fan of his appearance on HIMYM's musical episode about suits. [Movieline]
- True Blood has graced the cover of Rolling Stone magazine this month. Warning: lots of blood and nudity. [Rolling Stone]
- Vienna Girardi (Burned ex-lover of Bachelor Jake Pavelka) has a new boyfriend and is "so happy" to be with a new guy. So much that she enjoys slobbering all over him in public. [Hollywood Life]
- An essay about why Modern Family deserves an Emmy over Glee. [The Daily Beast]
- Kevin Spacey is developing a project for HBO called The Crux. Read more about how the show came to be over at New York Magazine. [Vulture]
- What's going on over at the Lost auction? This video will give you a good look at what a few of us from Gawker.TV were privy to a few months ago. I just want some dharma beer. [TV Squad]
- The fate of SyFy's Caprica was supposed to be revealed by "by August 15 or before." So, what happened? [io9]
- The 15th cycle of America's Next Top Model is supposedly going to be much classier than the rest of 'em, with the winner getting a spread in Vogue Italia and classy guest judges. [Gawker]
- Here's a piece on Daniel Tosh that describes Tosh.0 as "the vulgar stepcousin of E!'s The Soup." [USA Today]
Around the Web...
- The Kings of Leon fancy themselves to be better than Glee, but apparently not above letting their song "Closer" be the backdrop for a Gossip Girl scene in which Serena participates in an emotional photoshoot. [Movieline]
- Jenny McCarthy is off the market and officially has a new boyfriend. Somewhere, Jim Carrey is silently crying. [Pop Eater]
- The 25 worst (and by that, they mean best) infomercials. [Time]
- The cast of Piranha 3D gets it all out in the air and lobby for Academy Awards. It's pretty cheesy, but if you enjoy Adam Scott you'll find it to be quite nice. [io9]
- Watch Joseph Gordon-Levitt perform "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman" live. [Movieline]
- Conan O'Brien's spoken word record will be released next week. [The Wrap]
Betty DraperJanuary Jones has been cast in the latest of the XMen series, X-Men: First Class. [Moviefone]
- Why the breakup of Elisabeth Moss and Fred Armisen is sad—in an IMDB kind of way. [Vulture]
- Heidi Montag's plastic surgeon was killed in a car crash yesterday. While she mourns, the rest of us breathe a sigh of relief. [Us Magazine]