Betty White will join James Lipton on Inside the Actors Studio, Randy Jackson will be back to judge American Idol, an interview with the Taiwanese animation team, and remember that boring 45 minutes of the Emmy Awards was essentially Cable TV patting itself on its back? The TV miniseries/documentary awards could become a completely separate ceremony next year. More TV news inside!
In TV News...
- Betty White will film an episode of Inside the Actors Studio this fall. James Lipton and Betty white together? Sounds lovely! [TV Squad]
- Now this is interesting: Next year's Emmy Awards might cut out the TV Movie and Miniseries category. It'll get it's own separate show on a cable network. This is a good thing! [TV Squad]
- Here Andy Cohen talks about whether or not Bravo is a "gay network." [BlackBook]
- Randy Jackson has confirmed that he'll be back for the next season of American Idol. [Zap2it]
- Michael Riley, who's spent the last two years in charge of Radio Disney, will be the next president of ABC Family. [NY Mag]
- Delocated's Jon Glaser demonstrates how to stay cool in the summer while wearing a skiing mask. [Vulture]
- A cute video of the Lost cast-mates at the Emmy Awards. [Ausiello Files]
- Not that you didn't know it was coming already, but Modern Family finally filmed its gay kissing scene. [E Online]
- Here's some new photos of from the set of Glee. [Zap2it]
- Good question: Just when did this week's episode of Mad Men's flashbacks actually take place? [Movieline]
- CBS is going crazy with it's promotion for Hawaii Five-O. Let's hope it's not awful! [Warming Glow]
- Joan Cusack will join the cast of Shameless. She'll play a housewife that befriends William H. Macy's character. Cute! [TV Squad]
- This is awesome: Real-life teachers pay tribute to inspirational TV teachers like Boy Meets World's Mr. Pheeny and Gabe Kotter. [TV Squad]
Around the Web...
- Do you love the NMA animations as much as we do? You know, the people who make those awesome computer animations of things that are newsworthy at the moment? Here's an interview with their creators, in which they insist that the animations aren't meant to be cruel. [Urlesque]
- An infographic of 600 different Hanna-Barbera characters. [Flickr]
- One of the coolest things about Hung's Thomas Jane? He prefers to go barefoot on the Red Carpet—and everywhere. [Pop Eater]
- Did you know the US Open is happening? Well, it is. Here's a schedule of all the matches. [TV Squad]
- Jenny Lewis and her boyfriend, Jonathan Rice, pick their favorite musical duos and duets. [Vulture]
- Cee-Lo Green chats about his overnight YouTube success with his new single "Fuck You." [Urlesque]
- The 10 greatest accidental inventions of all time—why am I not shocked that Play Doh came about as an accident? Perhaps the gross smell? [Gizmodo]
- The President will speak about Iraq in an address from the Oval Office tonight. In addition, the entire speech will be broadcast over YouTube. Technology, people! [YouTube]