Kanye West's Twitter apology shocks a nation on vacation. Chelsea Clinton: smooching. Sam and Ronnie: Also smooching. Justin Bieber: dancing with Will Smith's son. Sunday Gossip Round up is like a flower petal caught in a wild stallion's mane.
- All of the Internet is talking about Kanye West's sprawling letter-by-Twitter. A year after interrupting Taylor Swift's acceptance speech at the 2009 VMAs, Kanye decided to write another epic apology. The whole thing is worth a read, but our favorite is the closing passage:
I wish I could meet every hater. I wish I could talk to every hater face to face, and change their opinion of me, one conversation at a time. I wish they all knew how much I really cared about music and pop culture and art and people's feelings. I wish they could accept that I've grown and only want to do good for the world. I want to help as many people as I can. I want to help starting with the music and ending with the smile. I want to win their hearts back so I can continue to bring my take on culture to the masses with a clean opinion.
It starts with this: I'm sorry Taylor.
Damn, it's sort of like 'I Have a Dream,' except about how much Kanye West wants people to like him instead of civil rights. After his rant, he followed Taylor Swift on Twitter. She has yet to follow him back. Harsh. Is this going to happen every year around this time, now? (Incidentally, now the only two people Kanye West is following on Twitter are Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber. Ha.) [Gizmodo]
- Chelsea Clinton and Marc Mezvinsky were married in July, and the special glow that surrounds a marriage before years of dull misery has yet to wear off. They were snapped 'sucking major face', as the kids say, at the U.S. Open. [People]
- Taylor Lautner settled a $40,000 lawsuit with an RV company that was late delivering his trailer to a movie shoot. (He's donating the money to charity.) The RV company owner had previously challenged Lautner to a pushup contest to settle the lawsuit. Guy's been watching too many movies. [Digital Spy]
- Jersey Shore's Sammi and Ronnie smooched after moving out of the Jersey Shore house, while fans cheered them on. They're definitely back on, but the big story is that fans were willing to watch Sammi and Ronnie move out of the Jersey Shore house for half an hour. Clearly, Jersey Shore producers are over-thinking the actual show. [RadarOnline]
- Joe Jackson says that spanking Michael Jackson kept him out of gangs. But what did it get him into? There are worse things than gangs… [TMZ]
- Real Housewife of New Jersey's Teresea Giudice is in more money-related trouble: A Dept. of Justice lawyer has filed a complaint regarding the Giudice's bankruptcy filing, claiming that she withheld a $250,000 book advance for her cookbook 'Skinny Italian,' as well as her stake in an online store called 'TGFabulicious'. God, imagine going to jail for a thing called 'TGFabulicious'. [PopEater]
- 16-year-old Justin Bieber and 12-year-old Jaden Smith (son of Will and Jada Pinkett Smith) had an epic dance battle at Lucky Strike Lanes in Manhattan after their concert at Madison Square Garden. Jaden Smith has concerts now? God, Pop stars are like the opposite of normal humans: They get younger as time goes on. [TMZ]
- Christina Aguilera says being married to Jordan Bratman of five years hasn't changed their relationship. "I leave little lipstick marks on the bathroom mirror for when he wakes up, and little notes written in lipstick on the mirror and in the shower." [Us Weekly]
- Nik Richie, owner of the gossip site Thedirty.com, got in a bar fight and knocked a guy out. [TMZ]