Drea de Matteo will play Will Arnett's mother, Outsourced may have stretched the truth in their commercials, Mary Lynn Rajskub will play Modern Family's Mitchell's ex-girlfriend and Hoda Kotb's most fantastic face of the day.
In TV News...
- ABC is developing a show based upon the popular webiste "Awkward Family Photos." [Vulture]
- Fox is turning the Will Smith/Kevin James flick Hitch into a television series. Why? [Deadline]
- If you scratched your head at the NBC promos for Outsourced with positive reviews, you weren't the only one. The ad ended up being pulled because the quotes weren't exactly correct and very misleading. [Warming Glow]
- Here's some interesting casting... The Sopranos's Drea de Matteo will play Will Arnett's step mother on Running Wilde. Aren't they the same age? [Ausiello Files]
- Mary Lynn Rajskub will join Modern Family as Mitchell's ex-girlfriend. What? [TV Guide]
- The Terminator's Robert Franco will join the cast of Big Love for a long character arc. No surprise here—he'll play a bad guy. [Ausiello Files]
- Randy Jackson will take Simon's seat on American Idol. Does this mean he's going to be the bad guy? [NY Post]
- Don't believe the rumors, Jill Zarin doesn't want her own reality show. She's fine, thanks. [Hollywood Life]
- The former New York Governor's new CNN show Parker Spitzer debuted to poor ratings. [The Live Feed]
- Community will spoof Apollo 13 in their October 14th episode. Of course, their version will be far more wacky and take place on a The Kentucky Fried Chicken SpaceBus. [TV Guide]
- HBO is developing a comedy produced by Kevin Bacon. Rumor has it that he'll star in it, too. [Deadline]
Around the Web...
- Hey, check out these photos of James Franco in drag! [Gawker]
- These ten album names taken from Kanye West's tweets are better than the real title. [Vulture]
- Emma Stone has been cast in the next Spider Man, but not as Mary Jane. She'll play Gwen Stacy, a blonde! [Hollywood Insider]
- Ralphie May was busted in Guam for having weed in his bags. Wah-wahhh. [Pop Eater]
- People are sick of hearing Train's song that goes "Hey, Soul sista!" in almost EVERY commercial. Here's a blog about it. [Tumblr]
- .ly domains are being threatened by the Libyan Government! Looks like it'll be goodbye to bit.ly! [Geekosystem]
- Do romantic comedies get your hopes up too high? Here's some movies you should throw out of your collection. [The Gloss]
- Drink these Mad Men-inspired cocktails! [Good Morning America]
- Harry Potter fans, you must check out these new photos from the set of the new film. [Oh No They Didn't]