The voice of Dora the Explorer is suing Nickeloedon, Bristol Palin might have been DWTS' sloppy seconds, the ladies of SNL are getting a 2-hour special, and the last day to sign up for Arianna Huffington's free bus is tomorrow!
Conan's blimp, spotted at Elizabeth City Regional Airport in North Carolina. (Does it look like a Nickelodeon Kids Choice Award to anyone else?) Image via flickr.
In TV News...
- If you want to take up Arianna Huffington's promise of free buses down to the Jon Stewart/Stephen Colbert rallies, the deadline to sign up is tomorrow. So get going, would you? [Huffington Post]
- The 14-year-old actress and voice of Dora the Explorer is suing Nickelodeon, claiming that the network cheated her out of millions once the show became a hit. [NY Daily News]
- Sarah Palin is claiming that Dancing With the Stars approached Todd Palin to go on the show before Bristol. So does that make Bristol sloppy seconds? [TV Squad]
- Max Weinberg has opened up about not following Conan to TBS—and it can pretty much be summed up by saying that he prefers the East Coast. [Fancast]
- FX has renewed Sons of Anarchy. It's one of the network's highest-rated shows ever. [Warming Glow]
- If you can believe it, Lifetime has picked up a series about a Russian Jersey Shore called Brighton Beach. [TV Squad]
- Jimmy Smitt's Outlaw has haulted production... probably meaning it's the next new series to be canceled. [Deadline]
- Saturday Night Live will air a two-hour long special on November 1st dedicated to the very funny women of the show. The ladies slated to appear are: Rachel Dratch, Nora Dunn, Tina Fey, Ana Gasteyer, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Laraine Newman, Cheri Oteri, Amy Poehler, Maya Rudolph, Molly Shannon, and Kristen Wiig. [Pop Watch]
Around the Web...
- This interview with Ellie Kemper and Aubrey Plaza is adorable. Can you say "NBC Thursday Night Lineup Besties?!" [
- Dan Aykroyd is reportedly penning a script for Ghostbusters 3. [Vanity Fair]
- 66 great movie taglines from the past 30 years. [Ad Freak]
- In promotion of his new book How to Beat Up Anybody, Judah Friedlander has provided some of his best self-defense tips for the ladies for free. [Vulture]
- Jersey Boys, the broadway musical about Frankie Valli, will be adapted into a major motion picture. [Deadline]
- Mike Meyers will voice Pepé Le Pew in a new live action/CGI film. [Vulture]
- 20 alternate titles for the 5th sequel to the Die Hard movie series. [Movieline]
- So, The Gap's new logo is widely hated by everyone. Here's the best "new ugly logo" for The Gap that the internet has come up with. [Urlesque]