The voice of Dora the Explorer is suing Nickeloedon, Bristol Palin might have been DWTS' sloppy seconds, the ladies of SNL are getting a 2-hour special, and the last day to sign up for Arianna Huffington's free bus is tomorrow!
In TV News...
- If you want to take up Arianna Huffington's promise of free buses down to the Jon Stewart/Stephen Colbert rallies, the deadline to sign up is tomorrow. So get going, would you? [Huffington Post]
- The 14-year-old actress and voice of Dora the Explorer is suing Nickelodeon, claiming that the network cheated her out of millions once the show became a hit. [NY Daily News]
- Sarah Palin is claiming that Dancing With the Stars approached Todd Palin to go on the show before Bristol. So does that make Bristol sloppy seconds? [TV Squad]
- Max Weinberg has opened up about not following Conan to TBS—and it can pretty much be summed up by saying that he prefers the East Coast. [Fancast]
- FX has renewed Sons of Anarchy. It's one of the network's highest-rated shows ever. [Warming Glow]
- If you can believe it, Lifetime has picked up a series about a Russian Jersey Shore called Brighton Beach. [TV Squad]
- Jimmy Smitt's Outlaw has haulted production... probably meaning it's the next new series to be canceled. [Deadline]
- Saturday Night Live will air a two-hour long special on November 1st dedicated to the very funny women of the show. The ladies slated to appear are: Rachel Dratch, Nora Dunn, Tina Fey, Ana Gasteyer, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Laraine Newman, Cheri Oteri, Amy Poehler, Maya Rudolph, Molly Shannon, and Kristen Wiig. [Pop Watch]
Around the Web...
- This interview with Ellie Kemper and Aubrey Plaza is adorable. Can you say "NBC Thursday Night Lineup Besties?!" [
- Dan Aykroyd is reportedly penning a script for Ghostbusters 3. [Vanity Fair]
- 66 great movie taglines from the past 30 years. [Ad Freak]
- In promotion of his new book How to Beat Up Anybody, Judah Friedlander has provided some of his best self-defense tips for the ladies for free. [Vulture]
- Jersey Boys, the broadway musical about Frankie Valli, will be adapted into a major motion picture. [Deadline]
- Mike Meyers will voice Pepé Le Pew in a new live action/CGI film. [Vulture]
- 20 alternate titles for the 5th sequel to the Die Hard movie series. [Movieline]
- So, The Gap's new logo is widely hated by everyone. Here's the best "new ugly logo" for The Gap that the internet has come up with. [Urlesque]