NBC considers turning Thursdays into a 3-hour comedy block, Johnny Weir will host Skating With the Stars, RHONY heads to Morocco, NBC greenlights a Bachelorette/Survivor hybrid, and to assist your nightmares tonight — here is DJ Pauly Deen.
In TV News...
- What would you say to a 3-hour-long NBC Thursday night comedy lineup? As NBC prepares for Perfect Couples, they are also taking a look at the way their Thursdays are set up. With now six potential comedies in their coveted Thursday Night slot, they might push 30 Rock back to 10pm. This doesn't really bother me, as long as they bring back Parks and Recreation as soon as humanly possible, thanks. [TV Squad]
- Not much of a surprise here, but Johnny Weir will host ABC's Skating With the Stars. [Vulture]
- The premiere of Sarah Palin's Alaska was the highest-watched show on TLC ever. Before you get too excited, consider what the rest of their shows are about (midgets, large families, and freaks.) [Deadline]
- The Real Housewives of New York are filming again! This time, the ladies all take a trip to Morocco. [Vulture]
- NBC has indeed ordered that cross between The Bachelorette and Survivor that we told you about weeks ago. It will be called Love in the Wild. [The Hollywood Reporter]
- NBC will re-launch The Event at the beginning of next year, in hopes of gaining a larger audience (but at the risk of alienating pre-exiting fans, right?) [Hollywood Insider]
- Party Down's Lizzie Caplan will guest star on Matthew Perry's mid-season offering Mr. Sunshine. [Deadline]
- A project based on ESPN talk show host Colin Cowherd has been picked up by CBS. [Hollywood Reporter]
Around the Web...
- Hysterical: there's a website dedicated to replacing a show's theme song with the shitty Entourage song. [Oh Yeah Oh Yeah]
- Thanks to the internet, you can help Phil Hartman get his star on Hollywood's Walk of Fame. [Facebook]
- Holy crap, The Goonies might be adapted for Broadway? [Gothamist]
- Speaking of cameos in The Hangover 2, Bill Clinton will appear as himself. [TV Guide]
- 12 hacks that will allow you to get more from YouTube. [Mashable]
- Here's a list of all the things you can't say on American television. [9gag]
- Having problems finding something decent to watch? Check out Simon Pegg's choices of what you should be seeing. [Adult Swim]
- Megamind killed it this weekend at the box office. [Movieline]
- So exciting!! Still images from The Muppet Movie have hit the web. [Slash FIlm]
- Angela Lansbury will play Katherine Heigl's daughter in the upcoming film Adaline. Nope, I didn't write that wrong. [Vulture]
- Score! Patrick Duffy will most likely star in the Dallas reboot. [TV Squad]