Paul Rudd and Robert De Niro will host Saturday Night Live in December, Alex Trebek heads to How I Met Your Mother, Dina Lohan threatens to sue Glee and presenting the United States of Television.
The map indicates shows that take place in that state. [TV Squad]
In TV News...
- Paul Rudd and Robert De Niro will host Saturday Night Live in December! Robert De Niro will host on December 4th with musical guests Diddy and Dirty Money, and Rudd will host on December 11th with musical guest Paul McCartney. [Splitsider]
- Pierce Brosnan is developing a new series with Sony Pictures TV about "an international operative and problem solver for hire." The actor may or may not star on the show himself. [THR]
- Alex Trebek will appear on How I Met Your Mother's Christmas episode. This has to play into Barney's "Searching for my father" storyline, right? [TV Guide]
- Dina Lohan is threatening to sue Glee for making fun of her daughter Lindsay Lohan in this week's episode. Good luck with that, honey. [Jezebel]
- You can catch Grey's Anatomy's final webisode tonight at 9pm. Webisodes! Who knew? [TV Squad]
- Raven Symone will star in a new comedy pilot for ABC Family called The Great State of Georgia. [Deadline]
- Angela Bassett will join ABC's drama pilot One Police Plaza. [Deadline]
- Check out the photos and behind-the-scenes video of How I Met Your Mother's Thanksgiving episode! [TV Squad]
- HBO is planning a Sam Kinison biopic. [Splitsider]
- Martha Stewart will expand on the Hallmark channel this January with three new series: Martha Bakes, Martha Stewart Presents: The Men Who Make Us Laugh and Petkeeping With Marc Morrone. [Reuters]
- Joel McHale will host the 2011 Independent Spirit Awards. [Collider]
- Apparently, Jeff Zucker is sad and crying all over the NBC offices. [Vulture]
- Depressing news of the day: We're guaranteed at least seven more years of Two and a Half Men thanks to a distribution deal for the show's reruns. Wasn't sullying FX with them enough? [Warming Glow]
Around the Web...
- Elizabeth Banks on her 30 Rock role: "I like to play Avery as though she is Jack Donaghy with boobs." [Splitsider]
- Before Ryan Reynolds was the Sexiest Man Alive, he was a normal kid with normal shout-outs in his high school yearbook. [Buzzfeed]
- Your unlikely news of the day: Dane Cook is heading to Broadway. [New York Magazine]
- Check out these athletes re-creating famous movie scenes. Hint: Lindsey Vonn does the iconic legs-crossed from Basic Instinct. [Slash Film]
- Have you ever wanted to see Jake Gyllenhaal and Anne Hathaway naked on the cover of Entertainment Weekly? Well, here you go. [Vulture]