Snooki will drop from a ball in Times Square, James Franco will return to General Hospital, Fox refuses to order new episodes of Lie To Me, and Seth Myers will host the White House Correspondent's Dinner.
In TV News...
- Seth Myers will host the 2011 White House Correspondent's Dinner. [Splitsider]
- MTV is planning on putting Snooki in a ball that will drop on New Years Eve in Times Square. And why not? [Huffington Post]
- Fresh blood on True Blood: Christina Moore, Neil Hopkins and Chris Butler have all been cast in the show's 4th season. [TV Guide]
- Fox won't be ordering any more episodes of Lie to Me. I think we can consider this stage one of cancellation, yes? [TV Guide]
- Jane Fonda would very much like a television series of her own. [Yahoo!]
- In James Franco news—because today could be called James Franco Day—James Franco will return to General Hospital once again! [TV Guide]
- Here's an update about Chris Gethard's cross-country comedy road show. [Splitsider]
- Is wearing "blackface" a new comedy trend? Mad Men did it. Always Sunny did it. And now, so has the BBC's How Not to Live Your Life has now done it as well. [Warming Glow]
- Vulture has the new-and-extended Skins trailer, but really, how much more extended info do we need before [Vulture]
Around the Web...
- Someday soon, we will all be renting movies on our USB thumb drives. Thrilling! [Movieline]
- Patton Oswalt is auctioning off his lifetime Carvel Ice Cream card for charity. [Movieline]
- FYI: Christian Bale is now sporting a full-on pirate beard. [Best Week Ever]
- Glee's Matthew Morrison did an impromptu serenade—and there's video. [Bad TV Blog]
- James Cameron will make a 3-D Cirque Du Soliel movie because ...why not? [Vulture]
- The L Magazine ranks the top 10 book covers of the year. ["The L Magazine]
- Celebrate the holidays with the YouTube Time Machine's links to a Claymation Christmas and Glo Friends. [YTTM]
- Kevin Bacon talks about playing his own biggest fan in that logitech commerica. [Inside TV]
- Watch Andrew W.K. sing "Silent Night" while partying hard. [AV Club]
- Here's a look at George Lucas' digs. Pretttty nice. [Gawker]
- Read this interview with Chris Parnell in which he talks about Archer, 30 Rock, and Eureka. [TV Guide]