Kids these days! Getting smashed is no longer the "cool" thing to do among American collegians—college binge drinking rates (at Purdue, admittedly) have fallen from 48% to 37% in only three years! What are our young people doing rather than downing Colt 45 at racist fraternity sex parties? According to the Wall Street Journal—known as the beating pulse of life on campus—they're doing the following:
- Poetry slams.
- "Cabin-fever" parties.
- "a 'Humans vs. Zombies' foam-dart contest."
- "Late-night physical activities."
- "alcohol-free tailgate parties before football games."
- "a late-night tea house in the student union with billiards and other games."
- An "alcohol-free" foam party.
- Roller skating.
In other words, they're getting really drunk before they go out and then sneaking in alcohol, instead of drinking openly. We applaud you, "sober" foam partiers!