In your crumb-sucking Wednesday media column: Morning Joe loves Starbucks for some reason, layoffs loom at AOL, Al Jazeera is coming for your kids, the NYT and Pro Publica have the same interests, and Spike Lee enjoys The Ed Show.
- Yesterday on MSNBC's Morning Joe, Mika Brzezinski and company gave a nice blowjob interview to Howard Schultz, who is the CEO of Starbucks, which is the main sponsor of Morning Joe. And there was no real disclosure. This is alarming if you think that Morning Joe is a "news" show.
- Post-HuffPo layoffs are coming to AOL this Friday, according to Jeff Bercovici. Something to look forward to.
- Al Jazeera is launching an "English-language childrens' edutainment network" for American TV within the next year. What is this, revenge for not allowing them to broadcast on American cable networks? Now they're coming after our children? Forcing our children to be Arabians? Edutainment or TERRORTAINMENT? Etc.
- Did the NYT rip off Pro Publica, by writing about the same topic that Pro Publica's been writing about for some time? Well, I wouldn't say all that.
- Spike Lee is now directing promo spots for Ed Schultz's show on MSNBC. Continue Leaning Forward, MSNBC. This all makes perfect sense.