Vitaliy Sulzhik bought a can of Monster Energy at his local supermarket and drank it. Then, according to MSNBC, this happened:

"I put it down and I felt it was still heavy. So I backwashed it and all this debris went into my mouth," says the 19 year old. "Then I looked in the can and I saw the tip of the tail and I vomited everywhere."

It was a dead mouse inside the can. His attorney sent the can to MDE Inc., a forensic and engineering laboratory in Seattle, which cut open the can. They conducted a series of forensic tests on behalf of his client, and Monster's insurance company.

X-rays and autopsies showed the mouse didn't suffer any trauma, like from a mouse trap, nor was it killed using poison. In other words, there were no signs the mouse was killed and then forced through the opening.

Sulzhik is suing Monster Energy maker Hansen Beverage Company, which declined to comment on the case. This has been your emetic blog post of the day; bookmark it and you'll never need ipecac again. [MSNBC, mouse image via Shutterstock]