There will come a day in the not-so-distant future when Ryan Seacrest will squirm his way into every corner and every minute of your waking life. That day is, like, tomorrow. A story in The Hollywood Reporter estimates his 2011 gross income (maybe even net? He's like the GE of diminutive on-air personalities) will be somewhere in the vicinity of $55 million. How does that figure break down, exactly? Let's count the ways.
- $20 million for his contract with Clear Channel, producers of his syndicated radio show, On Air with Ryan Seacrest.
- $15 million for a TV development deal with CKx, Inc., the shadowy parent company hovering behind the scenes of American Idol.
The remaining $20 million can be divided among:
- His deal with E! and NBC Universal, the network and studio behind hit Seacrest-produced shows like Keeping Up with the Kardashians.
- His many TV specials, including Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve.
- His various brand partnerships, including those with Coca-Cola, Microsoft and Proctor & Gamble.
In a related story, there is no God. [THR, photo via Getty]