Evan Rachel Wood wants you to know that she sometimes dates women. Lindsay Lohan uses Good Friday to get out of court. Lea Michele pulls a bitch move at Coachella. Nic Cage goes back to work. Tuesday gossip is single and ready to mingle.
- It is a truth universally acknowledged that a budding starlet is in want of an excuse to announce she is bisexual, and Evan Rachel Wood is no exception. After dropping three hints about her lust for androgyny and women, her Esquire interviewer finally bit:
You date women?
"Yes," she says proudly, as if she was waiting to be asked.
Do you look for different things in men than in women?
"Yeah, I'm more kind of like the guy when it comes to girls. I'm the dominant one." It's with women, she says, that her inner North Carolina gentleman comes out: "I'm opening the doors, I'm buying dinner. Yeah, I'm romantic."
As for her relationship with Marilyn Manson, the bisexual braggart has this to say: "Whatever." Evan describes her sexual rumspringa as a rebellion against her stage mother: "We [my mother and I] hadn't been apart for more than a week in my whole life. We shared a room, we shared a bed. She was constantly by my side, all the time, until the minute I turned 18. I hopped on [Marilyn Manson's] tour bus, and was like, I'm going to have an adolescence." So, Evan has mommy issues (Can we get her to date LiLo?) and Marilyn Manson took advantage of a homeless GLBT youth. As always, the story ends with us forming a circle around Marilyn Manson and shaming him. Shame on you, Marilyn Manson! [Esquire, NYM, image via Getty]
- Three days after getting so drunk he forgot where he lived, then got arrested for domestic abuse and disturbing the peace, Nicolas Cage is back at work on the set of Medallion. The Sheen is strong in this one. [Us]
- Kate Hudson says pregnancy is "like getting stoned." Your brain turns to mush, you get the munchies, and the water weight is unbelievable. [Extra]
- OMG Robert Pattinson OMG kissed his OMG girlfriend Kristen Stewart in OMG public at the OMG premiere of Water for OMG Elephants, a very serious movie about domestic violence and the sacred bond between animals and humans, that will forever be associated with screaming tweens and the phrase OMG because Sparklepenis McBloodbreath is in it. [Us, image via INF]
- LeAnn Rimes went to a family birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese with husband Eddie Cibrian and Eddie's ex Brandi Glanville, to whom Eddie was married when LeAnn fell in love with him. LeAnn and Brandi resisted the urge to rip each others' faces off, channeling their energy into square-shaped pizza and singing animatronic stage show instead. [TMZ]
- Lindsay Lohan told the judge she can't go to court on Friday because it is Good Friday and she needs to go to church. I support this, because we've seen what Lindsay wears to court—can you imagine what she'd wear to church? This is a photo op we need to make happen. [Radar]
- Lea Michele was kind of a bitch at Coachella. She was there to host a pool party for Lacoste (when I think of Coachella, "toothy Broadway baby in a polo shirt" often comes to mind) and mostly just bullied some girl who made the mistake of talking to fellow Gleek Harry Shum Jr.: "Lea started laughing and imitated her in a high-pitched voice. She was totally mocking her for no reason." [E!]
- Obligatory Kate Middleton update: Her family got a coat of arms. It's a bunch of upside-down acorns. Whoo. [Us]
- Tareq may be the only Salahi preparing for a nude pictorial (in Playgirl, great bastion of naked almost-relevant-in-D.C. people) but it's not for lack of trying: Apparently fameball wife Michaele offered her services to Playboy, which rejected her. They said she could be on the website if she wanted to, but not in the magazine. Shunted to the after-thought digital publication! Journalists everywhere feel for you, Michaele. [TMZ]