Demi Lovato gives her first post-rehab interview. Charlie Sheen comes out as a birther. Catherine Zeta-Jones opens up about her bipolar disorder. Wednesday gossip has nothing to hide.
- Demi Lovato gave her first post-rehab interview to 20/20's Robin Roberts, ABC's designated hitter for violently troubled young stars. Demi says she started slashing her wrists at age 11 as "a way of expressing my own shame, of myself, on my own body. I was matching the inside to the outside." She's had an "unhealthy relationship with food" since age 8. On tour with the Jonas Brothers, she found herself "losing my voice from purging" and "self-medicating" her depression with… what? This article doesn't say, I guess because 20/20 has to save something for the TV special.
Anyway, Demi is quitting Disney TV show Sonny with a Chance. She wants to stay clean to set a positive example for little sister Madison de la Garza, who plays Eva Longoria's catastrophically unattractive daughter on Desperate Housewives. No, seriously, Madison's character's weight and supposed ugliness are major plot points. Here's hoping that little girl has tough skin. [NYDN, People]
- Charlie Sheen is a birther, which is surprising in light of his belief that Sarah Palin is a "lunatic," but not surprising in light of the fact that he has been consuming crack cocaine like it's rock candy since the '80s or something. [BusinessInsider]
- Speaking of Charlie Sheen, a judge refused his request for full custody of his twin sons. Phew. [TMZ]
- Diddy will earn $75,000 for a single show in New Jersey, and will cross the Hudson in a private helicopter. Who can blame him for that? Traffic in the Holland Tunnel is a bitch. [P6]
Catherine Zeta-Jones on going public with her hospitalization for bipolar disorder: "This is a disorder that affects millions of people and I am one of them. If my revelation of having bipolar II has encouraged one person to seek help, then it is worth it. There is no need to suffer silently and there is no shame in seeking help." [People, images via Getty and Bauer-Griffin]
- Sighted: Emma 'Niece of Julia' Roberts and Chord 'Trouty Mouth' Overstreet "making out" in public. I wish I could get excited about this item, but I feel absolutely nothing. My body is numb, my mind a void. Is this what it feels like to be Emma Roberts? She's the human equivalent of an unmarked manila folder: Plain and plainly unmemorable, but there is hope that something interesting will end up inside later. Like if she ever goes public with her inner monster bitch. [Us]
- Great American novelist Lauren Conrad has launched a website called The Beauty Department. It consists of pictures of Lauren Conrad doing her hair and painting her lips, to teach the masses how to do their hair and paint their lips the way Lauren Conrad does. [TheBeautyDepartment, People]
- Reese Witherspoon is "bummed" she didn't get invited to the royal wedding. [PopSugar]
- Henry, son of Seal and Heidi Klum (Sklumson?) has abandoned his trademark afro and now wears a mohawk. All he needs now is dreadlocks, and he'll have the triple crown of musically connotative hairdos. [OMG]
- Singing cheerleader Heather Morris says the "simplest way to do something cool" on a dancefloor is "the cross-turn," when you "jump and cross your legs together at the same time, and then spin of it." I always thought that was the simplest way to humiliate yourself on a dancefloor? Professional dancers overestimate the masses. [Esquire]
- Asked who the most influential person in the world is, Justin Bieber said "Charlie Sheen. He got millions of followers in one day on Twitter." Oh my god. He actually thinks Twitter is the ultimate arbiter of power. Twitter defines his worldview! If we accept the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis, this means Bieber's cognitive potential is limited to 140 alphanumeric symbols. The poor child. Scooter Braun knew not the shallow teenager he wrought. [P6]