Megan Fox's "woman empowerment" rendered her incompatible with Michael Bay. Gwyneth Paltrow seeks genius tutor for children. Scarlett Johansson breaks up with Sean Penn. TGIFriday gossip.
- Shia LaBeouf says Megan Fox was a bad fit for Transformers because she is a secret feminist:
"Megan developed this Spice Girl strength, this woman-empowerment that made her feel awkward about her involvement with Michael [Bay], who some people think is a very lascivious filmmaker, the way he films women. Mike films women in a way that appeals to a 16-year-old sexuality. It's summer. It's Michael's style. And I think [Fox] never got comfortable with it. This is a girl who was taken from complete obscurity and placed in a sex-driven role in front of the whole world and told she was the sexiest woman in America. And she had a hard time accepting it.
"When Mike would ask her to do specific things, there was no time for fluffy talk. We're on the run. And the one thing Mike lacks is tact. There's no time for [LaBeouf assumes a gentle voice] ‘I would like you to just arch your back 70 degrees.'"
So cleavage Nazi Michael Bay kept screaming at Megan to stick her tits out, and the result was the most scorched earth director-actor relationship of the decade? Fair enough. Megan's replacement is a better fit because "Rosie [Huntington-Whiteley] comes with this Victoria's Secret background... she can get down with Mike's way of working and it makes the whole set vibe very different." Michael Bay's raging teenage boner will not abide feminists. [LATimes, images via Getty]
- After returning to rehab, again, Amy Winehouse has checked out of rehab, again. She was there for a week. [AP]
- Gwyneth Paltrow seeks tutor for children. Requirements: Must be fluent in French, Spanish, Ancient Greek and Latin; "probably" went to Oxford or Cambridge; talented at sailing and tennis. Compensation: $98,000 for 2-4 hours a day. [Sun]
- Kelsey Grammar proposes separating his children so he has custody of the boy and Camille has custody of the girl. How retro. [TMZ]
- After taking his daughters to lunch two days ago, Arnold Schwarzenegger took his sons to lunch yesterday. This is supposed to mean something, divorce-wise, but I can't read the article because my eyes are locked on this picture of Arnold in high-waisted dockers, a cowboy belt, and a wallet chain. (BTW: Those aren't the Schwarze-sons, just randoms.) [Popeater, image via Splash]
- After two blissful months of pregnancy rumors, penis footsie, a whirlwind trip to Mexico, and a hand-in-hand trip to the White House, Scarlett Johansson and Sean Penn have broken up. "The reason for the split wasn't immediately known," but c'mon, it was the age thing, right? [People, P6]
- Hayden Panettiere is "absolutely not" dating Mark Sanchez, so keep that new iteration of giant athlete/tiny starlet sex fantasies to yourself, OK? [Popeater]
- Pink had her baby, a daughter named Willow Sage Hart. Sounds like the name of an vegan co-op in Sedona. [People]
- MMA fighter and Jenna Jameson ex Tito Ortiz tweeted a full-frontal picture. Shortly thereafter he announced, "Someone hack my fucking phone." Weinergate is infectious. Sidenote: That whole steroids-make-your-dick-shrink thing is a myth, right? [TMZ, NSFW Fleshbot]
- Donald Trump Jr. is expecting a third child this October, a boy. The Trumps are spawning, take cover. [Us]
- Bradley Cooper and Olivia Wilde are "definitely hooking up." [Us]