A flaming "rum-and-banana concoction" went wild at a Florida restaurant yesterday, maiming four people with first- and second-degree burns. Coincidentally, one of the chefs was recently certified as a firefighter, so he saved everyone.
When I first read this story, I thought "rum-and-banana concoction" referred to an obnoxious flaming cocktail. Turns out it was bananas foster, which is traditionally cooked flambé. Though still terrible, maimed by bananas foster is the better of the two options; whereas there is no way to live down being permanently disfigured by girly drink, bananas foster is meaningless enough to make this a random freak accident, again. [Miami Herald]