Here are some of the features of the concept plane, which Airbus suggests may be made a reality by 2050:
- "relaxation zones" with fully-stocked bars
- An intelligent, translucent "skin" that would let passengers see outside the plane and changes depending on conditions.
- "holographic pop-up gaming displays and in-flight entertainment powered by the heat of passengers' bodies."
- A "vitalizing zone" which will help passengers relax with "Vitamin and antioxidant-enriched air, mood lighting, aromatherapy and acupressure treatments."
Alright, that's pretty cool, especially for people who are allergic to air that isn't antioxidant-enriched. But if we were designing the plane of the future, we'd add a few more features:
- A hibachi grill
- Escape pods
- Seats have personal sex robots
- Soundproof booth for crying babies
- Turns into a space plane, if you can convince your pilot to take a side trip to the moon
- Automatically updates your Facebook status if the plane crashes and you die
- All the food is organic and locally-sourced from floating farms that fly next to the plane
- Special forcefield that makes gay marriage legal on the plane