Another model is making the transition to acting, against all odds. Also today: Two ladies, real ladies, are directing movies, Starz cuts off the head of King Arthur, and Vince Vaughn is going to shock you.
- Proud boob owner Brooklyn Decker recently played a boob owner in Adam Sandler's laff-riot Just Go With It and everyone was like "Oh, the swimsuit model is acting, that's happened before, OK, it's one movie, it's her Fair Game, no big deal." But, uh, big deal! Big deal alert! Decker is already slated to appear in the Oscar bait movie Battleship, based on the game Battleship, and now she's landed another role. She's going to play opposite Cameron Diaz and Jennifer Lopez in the post-sex comedy What to Expect When You're Expecting. That's a big movie! And Brooklyn Decker is in it. So this is happening, guys. She's done it. [EW]
- Yuh-yoh. Sorry to tell you, fans of Camelot, but Starz has decided not to do a second season of the show. They cited "production challenges" as the main reason, which sounds familiar to what HBO said when they cruelly canceled Rome. So are you sad? Are you all tearing up a little and resignedly taking off your homemade chainmail and putting your floppy sword down on the coffee table and sitting back on the sofa and listening to the clock tick away the day? Or is that just poor Joseph Fiennes who's doing that? Man, that guy. Remember Shakespeare in Love? Thirteen years ago, man. Thirteen zooming years ago. [THR]
- Rags-to-riches screenwriter Diablo Cody is going to make her movie directing debut with the movie Lamb of God, about a religious girl who gives up religion and goes to Las Vegas to live a crazy life and then finds religion again in the process. And also there is twee, hip music and everyone says things in a way that no one ever says things in real life and boring adults think it's an exciting new youthquake and lots of people are like [eyeroll] but then lots of other people are like [eyeroll] at those people and then in the end everyone realizes that we're just talking about movies here and it's OK to not like certain people's styles and it's OK to like certain people's style and who really cares at the end of the day, I guess. That's what that movie is about. [Deadline]
- Speaking of young people transitioning to directing, Drew Barrymore is set to direct a "young adult thriller" called Heist Society. She's directing another movie called How to Be Single before that so she is really a total directing dynamo now! I support that! Though hopefully she will still find some time to do romantic comedies with Justin Long, because I really like her in romantic comedies with Justin Long. I also like Justin Long in romantic comedies with me, in case he is reading this. He is, probably, right? All the celebrities are? All the celebrities are. Anyway, Drew Barrymore, everyone. [THR]
- Gird your throat loins (ew?) because all four judge/coaches of The Voice — Christina Agalala, Blork Chevron, Aaron Ravine, and Cello Green — have agreed to come back for the show's second season. And why wouldn't they? The show was a pretty decent hit and what the hell else are most of them doing? Plus the schedule is light enough that they still have time to Tweet gay jokes and wear Patti LaBelle wigs and stuff. It's not a bad gig. Not a bad gig at all. [The Wrap]
- Hm. This is weird. Somebody go ask Jerry Falwell if it's snowing in hell. I mean something's going on because listen to this: It seems that Vince Vaughn, the actor, is doing a comedy movie with Ben Stiller. Huh? That doesn't make any sense. It just seems really weird that those two guys, Vince Vaughn and Ben Stiller, would ever, like ever, make a movie together. I just don't get it. But I guess that's Hollyweird for ya! Just throw those two guys in a blender and see what happens! I mean, hey, it could work I guess? It just seems strange and silly to me. But what do I know? I'm just a guy who is marrying Justin Long tomorrow. Right Justin? Email me plz. [THR]
[Photo via Getty]