The blonde moptop was going places on TV's Glee until he abruptly wasn't. Also today: Bridesmaids is super successful, the new Chelsea Handler sitcom is not, and some info on actresses' paychecks.
- Fox's Glee, the most wildly mismanaged television show on the air, has gone and fired one of their patented singhunks, the blonde mouth monster Chord Overstreet, aka Brian Moylan's best friend. Well OK, they haven't exactly fired him, they just didn't pick up his option to become a regular cast member next season and are now saying that he might "guest star" in some episodes. So... yeah get got fired. It's not really his fault. He's pretty to look at and sings fine and all. It's just that Glee hired wayyy too many new cast members while basking in the giddy success of its first season. So someone had to go. And Chord Overstreet it was. Ah well. I guess this means we won't get the Sam/Kurt/Blaine fucktet we've long been promised? Or maybe that's one of the guest star episodes. Maybe! [Deadline]
- Speaking of people being fired from television shows, in an always ominous bit of retooling, NBC has fired three of the main cast members of Chelsea Handler's Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea. Natalie Morales will no longer play Laura Prepon's (aka Chelsea Handler's) best friend, and Angel Laketa Moore and utterly execrable comedian Jo Koy will no longer play her bar coworkers. So, OK, fair enough. Firing Jo Koy from everything is always a good idea. But can't we just fire this whole show? The promo clips are insanely embarrassing, Laura Prepon will never wash this stink off, and there is way too much punctuation in the show's title. Also, Chelsea Handler is terrible at everything, especially being funny. Sorry, I know that's polarizing. But her humor is all about vodka and chlamydia and ha ha ha 2003? Is it 2003 still? When that was "funny"? I don't think it is, is the thing! I just don't think it is 2003 anymore. But yeah, sorry you guys, about being fired. Except not you, Jo Koy. I am not sorry you got fired. [TV Line]
- Kristen Wiig's lafapalooza Bridesmaids has now become the most successful Judd Apatow-produced movie ever, so suck on that, men. But suck on it too, other ladies, because Bridesmaids has also become the top-grossing R-rated "female comedy" of all time, eclipsing the old crones of Sex and the City 2: Curse of the Samantha. So way to go "female comedies"! What was the first "female comedy," I wonder. Was it Tootsie? I think it was Tootsie. [THR]
- Speaking of ladies! Here is a list of the highest paid actresses in all of the showbiz. It's your pretty standard list, no real surprises. Among the top earners are gals like Illeana Douglas and Jayne Atkinson and Cynthia Stevenson and Bess Armstrong and Mary Kay Place. You know, typical list of deservingly well-paid actresses. Except, of course, that is not true at all. It's Katherine Heigl and Sarah Jessica Parker and Cameron Diaz. Yeah. Them. Katherine Heigl makes $12 million a movie. Uh. Have you seen Killers? I watched that on Netflix last weekend and holy hell is that an aggressively awful movie. Just Katherine Heigl and Ashton Kutcher walking up to you with piles of shit in their hands and saying to us, the audience, "Look, shit. Shit. Here, eat the shit. You don't deserve better. Here's shit. Eat it. Eat the shit. Go on and eat it, you know you're going to eventually." Sigh. Hollyweird! [Forbes]
- Oh here's some weird news. Adam Sandler is voicing the role of Dracula in the upcoming animated movie Hotel Transylvania, about a hotel for monsters, and joining him in the voice cast will be Kevin James. Whaaaaaat? What are they whaaaaaat? Adam Sandler and Emily Watson, sure. Adam Sandler and Kevin James??? I don't even know what that means! What a weird pairing. Also providing a voice in this movie will be Cee Lo Green as
Samantha Jonesa mummy. So should we just cancel the Oscar pool now because it's so obvious who's going to win everything? [Deadline]
[Photo via Getty]